Vol. 7 / Issue 50 Tuesday, March 3, 2015 GOLD DAY: 2 – 4 –6
John F. Kennedy’s mission is to develop our island students to become globally primed high achievers.
Our ESLRs: John F. Kennedy High School students will be responsible citizens, problem solvers,
effective communicators, and technologically literate.
· March is Mes Chamorro! Let us honor and celebrate our island’s language, culture and heritage. Biba Chamoru!
· March 3 at 4:00 P.M. at the Legislature is the Chamorro Month Resolution Signing.
· March 3-6: Dr. A. Rosete will be the acting principal of JFKHS while Dr. B. Adamos attends a PBIS Training in Eugene, Oregon.
· Students who were called out due to lack of immunization need to turn in up dated immunization otherwise will be exempted from school. Students need to report to the Nurse’s office any health problems, taking medication, allergies and pregnancies.
· Auditions happen everyMondayandWednesdayduring lunch in D212 for those who would like to showcase their talents on the Junior Prom at Nikko Hotel on May 2, 2015.
· Freshmen: Enroll in Spanish or Japanese as a Sophomore and give yourself the opportunity to take level 3 honors as a Senior.
SPORTS UPDATES – Please support our Islanders!
· Basketball (games at 5:30 P.M.) – today March 3: JFK vs. St. John at JFK
· Softball (4:30) – March 4: JFK vs. Sanchez, March 7 at 10:00 a.m., JFK vs. Academy at GW
· Rugby –
· JFK ATHLETICS: Follow us on Twitter and Facebook page JFKHSAthletics, and at http://jfkathletics.com
Ginen i mås takhilo’ gi hinasso-ku
From the highest of my thoughts
I mås takhalom gi i kurason-hu
The deepest of my heart
Yan i mås figo’ na nina’siñå-hu
And the strongest of my abilities
Hu ufresen maisa yu’ na para bai-hu prutehi yan hu difende
I offer myself to protect and defend
I HINENGGE, I KOTTURA, I LENGGUAHI, I AIRE, I HANOM YAN I TANO’ CHAMORU
THE BELIEFS, THE CULTURE, THE LANGUAGE, THE AIR, THE WATER AND THE LAND OF THE CHAMORU PEOPLE.
Ni’ irensiå-ku direchu ginen as Yu’os Tåta
My inheritance directed from God the Father
Este hu afitma gi hilo’ i bipblia yan i banderå-hu
This I affirm on the Bible and my flag
I Banderan Guahan
The Flag of Guam
Nominations can be made by any student, parent, colleague or anyone in the community by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A completed application must be submitted for consideration by the panel of judges. Please note that hard copies of the application must be submitted by in Building A, 500 Mariner Avenue, Barrigada, GU.