Vol. 7 / Issue 13 Tuesday, September 30, 2014 GREEN DAY: 1 – 3 – 5
John F. Kennedy’s mission is to develop our island students to become globally primed high achievers.
Our ESLRs: John F. Kennedy High School students will be responsible citizens, problem solvers,
effective communicators, and technologically literate.
GAMES THIS WEEK:
· Cross Country All-Island Championship on Oct. 6 at the Yigo Raceway Park @ 4 P.M.
· Football quarter finals on Oct. 11 at 7 P.M. here at JFKHS. Pending team to be challenged.
· Girls’ Volleyball starting at 5:30 P.M.: today vs. Harvest at JFKHS; on Oct. 3 vs. St. John’s at their campus.
· Golf today vs. the Panthers at 4 P.M, and on Oct. 2 vs. the Bulldogs. Site: Guam International Country Club.
· Thank you for participating in our Open House and Homecoming Weekend! Several teachers and students gave of their time and talent to plan and/or carry out the details for the success of each event. Way to go Islanders!
· Clarification on students wearing pullover – As stated in the SY2014-2015 Student Handbook, students are prohibited to use pull-over sweaters, jackets, and hoods over the school uniform outside of the classroom. Student use of a pull-over in the classroom is acceptable. Make sure you remove the pull-over before you leave the classroom.
· Do you want to represent our islands youth by running for the Guam Youth Congress? The GYC presents a unique opportunity for our youth to gain valuable knowledge about the legislative process and apply the acquired skills and information in the future. Several past speakers of the Guam Youth Congress have gone on to be Senators in the Guam Legislature including Rory Respicio, Dennis Rodriguez, and Michael San Nicolas. The purpose of the GYC is to act as a legislative body with the power to make its own rules, establish committees, hold hearings, pass resolutions, and to prepare and pass bills. Those bills are then forwarded to the Guam Legislature for action as with a legislative bill. If you are interested in running for the Guam Youth Congress please pick up a packet in room D103. Election packets once completed must be returned to room D103 during break or lunch. Deadline to submit packets is on Friday, Oct. 10.
· If you are interested in learning about robotics and building competition robots, then attend the meeting in room D114 on Thursday, Oct. 2 during lunch to learn more.
· Students who walk from Kmart to JFKHS and back are strongly encouraged to use the crosswalk. Think safety first!
· Class of 2015 – Seniors and Parents’ Meeting on Thursday, Oct. 2 at 6 P.M. in the cafeteria.
· Attention Islanders! Vivace is taking pre-orders for JFK Music Spirit Shirts in Light Gray, Dark Gray and Royal Blue for only $10.00. Please see any senior Vivace member or place your order in the choir room, D101. The last day to order is Monday, Oct. 14.
· The Academic Challenge Bowl (ACB) team is holding practices on Fridays immediately after school in C205. Anyone interested in joining the team is welcome.
· JFK's Japanese Culture Club weekly meetings are held on Wednesdays during lunch in room F102. Discussion on: club membership, goals, upcoming fund raising activities for a possible Japan trip for potential members.
· Students should not be on campus before 6:00 A.M. and after 3:00 P.M. The school is unable to provide supervision for students outside of these hours and will not be held liable for their safety. Any students who remain on campus after school hours must be participating in an authorized activity or program and under the direct supervision of a staff or faculty member (teacher, coach, administrator, etc.).
· Activity proposals may be picked up at D103 and returned to Albert Park only during WAY meetings.
· JFKHS Spirit Fridays: Students may wear a JFKHS Club/Organization/Interscholastic/Class Shirts such as Vivace, JROTC, Nursing, Class of 2015 or other approved JFKHS shirts. Uniform bottom is required. All shirts must promote JFKHS. JFKHS colors alone are UNACCEPTABLE. Again- this is on Fridays!
· Only clear and mesh bags will be allowed on campus. All bags in violation will be confiscated.
· All car riders are to meet their rides at the cafeteria drop-off point after school.