Vol. 8 / Issue 03 Tuesday, August 25, 2015 GREEN DAY: 1 - 3 - 5
John F. Kennedy’s mission is to develop our island students to become globally primed high achievers.
Our ESLRs: John F. Kennedy High School students will be responsible citizens, problem solvers,
effective communicators, and technologically literate.
· Ninth Graders: Please, see Mr. Vasquez in F101 if you are interested to become an officer.
· Attention all golfers: Golf season has started and if you would like to join this year's JFK golf team please see Mr. Vasquez or Mr. Mendoza in Room D218 to obtain the necessary clearance forms. Last year three of our girls placed in the All-Island Golf tournament in their division. In addition, in order to be able to start practice you must be cleared by Mr. Jay Antonio, athletic director.
· Attendance: Admit slips must be submitted to the attendance office within three days upon return back to school. We will not accept late notes.
· From Nurse Ballares:
o Students with any medical concerns, to include prescriptions, pregnancy, or allergies, please report to the Nurse’ Office as soon as possible for record purposes.
o Freshmen will be called out of class if updated physical exam and updated PPD skin test result were not turned in.
· Students are allowed to wear sweaters, jackets, or cardigans, as long as there are NO HOODS. The aforementioned must zip or button down in the front; uniforms must be exposed. No pull-overs or hoodies that cover the front of the uniform top may be worn at any time. For those students who purchased jackets from Gino’s, you are able to get a full refund so as to remain in compliance with this policy. Full compliance with this directive is expected. See Dr. Adamos in the Main Office for more information on the Gino’s refund.
· Students must obtain breakfast and lunch tickets at the FOAS Office regardless if free, reduced or purchasing.
· Breakfast is served from 5:50 A.M. – 6:25 A.M. Upon arrival to school, please proceed to the cafeteria. Students arriving to campus on a late bus will be allowed to eat provided the Administration is informed.
· Lunch is served from 10:55 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. Once the lunch bell rings, proceed to the cafeteria.
· Students bringing lunch from home are encouraged to use the dining area in the cafeteria.
· If you are looking for a place to do homework, note that the cafeteria is a dining facility. Please, visit the library. must obtain a ticket at the FOAS Office regardless if free, reduced or purchasing. Submit your meal applications to Business Office (FOAS).
Cafeteria will be cleared out by6:40 and 11:45.
· Car riders are to wait for their rides at the gate by the cafeteria.
· Students who wish to obtain a parking decal must see Judy in the SSSO for the necessary documents.
· Only clear and mesh bags are allowed on campus. Lunch bags should be smaller in size, clear or mesh bags recommended. All bags in violation will be confiscated.
· Lockouts will be conducted any time any day. Get to your classes on time.
· Students who walk from Kmart to JFKHS and back are strongly encouraged to use the crosswalk. Think safety first!
· JFKHS Spirit Fridays: Students may wear a JFKHS Club/Organization/Interscholastic/Class Shirts such as Vivace, JROTC, Nursing, Class of 2015 or other approved JFKHS shirts. Uniform bottom is required. All shirts must promote JFKHS. JFKHS colors alone are UNACCEPTABLE. Again- this is on Fridays!