John F. Kennedy High SchoolHome of the Islanders
November 22 and 23, 2018
Our Lady of Camarin Holiday
December 7, 2018
December 24, 2018 to January 4, 2019
331 N. Marine Corps Drive Tamuning, GU 96913
M-F: 6am – 2pm
Attendance: ext. 4349
Counseling: ext. 4362
FOAS: ext. 4335
Library: ext. 4360
Nurse: ext. 4365
SSSO: ext. 4340
- Gold Days: Just a reminder, November 21 (Wednesday) is a GOLD DAY (periods 2,4,&6).
- Technology Tutoring: Did your teacher assign you to create a PowerPoint slide or print out your essay, using Word? Do they expect you to make a movie out of your work but don’t know what to do? Fear not, assistance is available in room D213 every 1st and 3rd Thursday. Can’t make it on those days, no worries. Set up an appointment for a more personal interaction. For more information, please see Ms. Rosalina San Nicholas or Ms. Leslie Avila in Rm D213.
- Federal Surveys: were sent home on Nov. 7. Collection of the forms will start on Nov. 16th. Please complete the forms and have them turned in by Friday, Nov. 30, 2018 to 1st period teacher.
- Attention Seniors: It’s that time of the year. Order your cap and gown set for $70. Each set includes a cap, gown, tassel, and custom stole. Orders will take place in front of the main office during lunch on November 14-16and December 12-14. Your height and weight are needed upon ordering.
- Thanksgiving Day Holiday: will be on Thursday, Nov. 22; No classes
- No Classes on Friday: The Governor has declared Friday a holiday, therefore there will be NO CLASSES on Friday.
- Toy for Tots Highschool Challenge: Make a different for a youth counterpart this holiday season by participating in the 2018 Toys for Tots High School Challenge! Your school will have an opportunity to win up to $1000 in cash! Donate new or unwrapped toys/items for children ages newborn to 17 yrs old in the box in the Main Office. Deadline is December 14.
- University of Guam’s Educational Talent Search (ETS) college prep program is now accepting applications from eligible high school students from 9th to 12th grade. ETS offers academic tutoring, College & Career exploration activities, assistance with College Applications, Financial Aid and scholarship applications, College Entrance (SAT/ACT) Fee waivers, financial literacy and more. All services are FREE! For more information see Mr. Lujan in the counselling office.
- Attention Seniors: Need money for college? See if you qualify for the Pell Grant, College Work Study, and other types of aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA. The FAFSA is accepting applications starting October 1. Apply online at fafsa.govusing the SY 2019-2020 form. Counselors will be in English 12 classes in October to present FAFSA information.
- Attention Seniors: The University of Guam 2-4 Year Army ROTC Scholarships are available forFall Semester 2019. Application Deadline is February 15, 2019 Application Includes: Application Forms and Essay (1 Page) The Point of Contact is Mr. John Howerton at Phone: 487-0725 or 777- ROTC (7682) or email: JHOWERTON@TRITON.UOG.EDU
- JFKHS Positive Behavior Expectations: Be SAFE. Be RESPECTFUL. Be RESPONSIBLE.
Girl’s High School Basketball:
Tuesday, November 20 @ 5:30P.M. : JFK vs. Okkodo at Okkodo
Friday, November 23 @ 5:30P.M. : JFK vs. St. Paul at St. Paul
Saturday, November 24 @ 5:30P.M. : JFK vs. Sanchez at Sanchez
Tuesday, November 20 @4:15P.M. : JFK vs. St. John’s at St. John’s
Tuesday, November 27 @6:30P.M. : Okkodo vs. JFK at JFK
Monday, November 19 @ 4:00P.M. : Okkodo vs. JFK at JFK
Saturday, November 24 @ 2:00P.M. : JFK vs. Sanchez at Okkodo
Saturday, November 24 @ at GW
- 10:00A.M. GW vs. JFK
- 1:00P.M. JFK vs. Southern
- PTEP: Walkthroughs are in progress. Lesson Plans and Unit Plans should be provided.
- Freshmen Academy Electives Fair: will be on November 20th and 21st. Details will be forthcoming.
- ACT Work Keys Curriculum Training: will be on Tuesday, November 20th from 2:00pm in Room A207
- ASVAB Testing for November is FULL: Please encourage students who are still interested in taking the to take it in January.
Our school bulletin will be published once a week, every Monday. Please, submit announcement(s) electronically to Mrs. Anub, Assistant Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12:00 noon on Thursdays. Submission of announcements later than the noon deadline will be honored on the next day of publication. Please indicate if announcements are to be made on the morning intercom or published in the bulletin or BOTH.
Student submissions for the bulletin must be acknowledged by the advisor/teacher/coach.
Hafa Adai Parents/Guardians and Students, In our efforts to increase communication, the Administrative Team provides you with these monthly notices. Our philosophy is: Bridging gaps while balancing expectations as we focus on building students’ futures. While...
Get In Touch
Location: 331 N. Marine Corps Drive Tamuning, GU 96913
Telephone: (671) 642-2100
School Hours: M-F: 6am - 2pm
No student will, on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, disability or any other basis prohibited by law, be excluded from participating or be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination and harassment under any educational programs, activities, or in any policies, or practices conducted by the Guam Department of Education.
Contact email@example.com to request access to or notify GDOE about on-line information or functionality that is currently inaccessible. For information about how to file a formal grievance with GDOE under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and title II of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, please see GDOE’s grievance procedure at
The JFKHS Islanders logo is registered with the Guam Department Revenue and Taxation through the JFKHS Parent-Teacher Student Association (PTSA). To use of the logo, please contact the school principal.