John F. Kennedy High SchoolHome of the Islanders
Thursday, October 25, 2018
7AM-12PM Parent Teacher Conference
Friday, November 02, 2018
All Souls’ Day — No classes
331 N. Marine Corps Drive Tamuning, GU 96913
M-F: 6am – 2pm
Attendance: ext. 4349
Counseling: ext. 4362
FOAS: ext. 4335
Library: ext. 4360
Nurse: ext. 4365
SSSO: ext. 4340
National Voter Registration Day: is scheduled for September 25-26 during lunch in front of the main office. Students, 18 and above, faculty, and staff may register; identification card is required.
• Constitution and Citizenship Day Winner: Congratulations to Freshmen Sophia Torcellino for winning second place in the Constitution and Citizenship Day Photo Contest! Great Work!
• College Visits: Attention students: If you are interested in attending these presentations, please sign up with Ms. Michelle Santos or Dr. Marzan in the counseling office. All presentations will be held at 11AM (during lunchtime) in room D118. You may eat your lunch during the presentation.
o September 24th: Saint Mary’s College of California
o October 11th: Chaminade University
o November 1st: University of Portland
Saint Mary’s College of California will host a Regional Reception or one-on-one interviews for interested students and parents. Please see your counselor for more information.
• U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) Scholarships: There are 4 FULL scholarships for Guam students (including air transportation) for the 2019 JSA Summer Programs at Georgetown, Princeton, and Stanford Universities. In order to be eligible for these scholarships you would need to be in grades 9-11, have your completed application submitted by February 1st, 2019, which is the scholarship deadline, and be a citizen of a U.S.Territory or Freely Associated State. Please see your counselor for more information.
• Attention 11th Graders: The PSAT/NMSQT are great ways to preview and practice for the SAT. They test the same skills and knowledge as the SAT — in a way that makes sense for your grade level. The PSAT qualifies you for the NMSQT Scholarship. There are only 30 slots for testing. The PSAT will be held on October 10, 2018. The test cost $16.00. Make payment to the FOAS Office, starting Monday, September 16 during Break and of After school, and provide the receipt to Mr. Lujan or Mrs. Gina Santos in the Counseling Office and receive a student guide. Please see Mr. Lujan or Mrs. Gina Santos for more information.
• University of Guam’s Upward Bound: (UB) college prep program is now accepting applications from eligible high school students (9th through 12th grade.) UB provides free tutoring, college prep activities, career exploration activities, assistance with financial aid/ scholarship applications, summer program at UOG, and more benefits! Deadline to apply is October 31, 2018. Please see JFK UB Contact Counselor, Dr. Marzan, or email UB staff Vivian Valdes at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or further information.
• JFKHS Positive Behavior Expectations: Be SAFE. Be RESPECTFUL. Be RESPONSIBLE.
- Boys and Girl’s High School Cross Country:
September 24 @ 4:30P.M. : JFK vs. St. John’s at St. John’s
October 1 @ 4:30P.M. : FD/AOLG vs. JFK at JFK
- Girl’s High School Volleyball:
September 25 @ 5:30P.M. : Okkodo vs. JFK at JFK
September 28 @ 6:00P.M. : Quarter-Finals TBA
- Boy’s High School Football:
September 28 @ 7:00P.M. : Sanchez vs. JFK at JFK
October 6 @ 7:00P.M. : JFK vs. Okkodo at Okkodo
• Classroom Inventory: Instructional Material (FORM “B”-Textbooks) is due by 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 26 to the FOAS Office.
- Our school bulletin will be published once a week, every Monday. Please, submit announcement(s) electronically to Mrs. Anub, Assistant Principal (email@example.com) before 12:00 noon on Thursdays. Submission of announcements later than the noon deadline will be honored on the next day of publication. Please indicate if announcements are to be made on the morning intercom or published in the bulletin or BOTH.
- Student submissions for the bulletin must be acknowledged by the advisor/teacher/coach.
Hafa Adai Parents/Guardians and Students, In our efforts to increase communication, the Administrative Team provides you with these monthly notices. Our philosophy is: Bridging gaps while balancing expectations as we focus on building students’ futures. While...
Get In Touch
Location: 331 N. Marine Corps Drive Tamuning, GU 96913
Telephone: (671) 642-2100
School Hours: M-F: 6am - 2pm
No student will, on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, disability or any other basis prohibited by law, be excluded from participating or be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination and harassment under any educational programs, activities, or in any policies, or practices conducted by the Guam Department of Education.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to or notify GDOE about on-line information or functionality that is currently inaccessible. For information about how to file a formal grievance with GDOE under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and title II of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, please see GDOE’s grievance procedure at
The JFKHS Islanders logo is registered with the Guam Department Revenue and Taxation through the JFKHS Parent-Teacher Student Association (PTSA). To use of the logo, please contact the school principal.