John F. Kennedy High SchoolHome of the Islanders
Martin Luther King JR Day Holiday
January 21, 2019
3rd Quarter Progress Reports
February 8, 2019
3rd Quarter Parent-Teacher Conference
March 25, 2019
331 N. Marine Corps Drive Tamuning, GU 96913
M-F: 6am – 2pm
Attendance: ext. 4349
Counseling: ext. 4362
FOAS: ext. 4335
Library: ext. 4360
Nurse: ext. 4365
SSSO: ext. 4340
- Lock-Out Policy: begins TODAY Monday. Notices will be given to students in their 6th period today for more details.
- JFK Winter Bash: will be held on December 21st in the courtyard from 11:50am to 1:20pm. Food will be sold, games will be played and several performances will entertain!
- Spirit Week: will be from December 17 (Monday) to December 21 (Friday). Please see posters for Spirit Week Theme for each day. Note: From Monday to Thursday, students must be in full uniform
- Monday is Gingerbread and Snowflakes (Accessorize as a ginger man/woman cookie or shiny snowflake)
- Tuesday is Rocking Around the Christmas Tree (Accessorize as a festive Christmas Tree)
- Wednesday is Wrapped Up (Accessorize as a gift)
- Thursday is Toddler Toys (Accessorize as a toy or board game)
- Friday is Wonderful Winter Dress down (Purchase wristbands for $1 during lunch in the Concession Stand)
- Wristband Sales: for the Dress Down Friday, December 21st will be during lunch in the Concession Stand near the Gym. Wristbands will be $1.00 each. Don’t have money to purchase a dress down ticket? Play the Spirit Games from Monday to Wednesday during lunch to get a chance to win a dress down ticket!
- Attention Everyone: ‘Tis the season for gift-giving! Don’t get wrapped up in the holiday stress. The Class of 2019 will take care of your gift wrapping needs! You can find them at the Micronesian Mall from now until December 24th. School days from 2:30 to 8:30 and weekends from 1:00 to 9:00 pm. You can also find them at GPO on December 12 through 14 and again on the 18th through the 23rd from 3:30 to closing. Hope to see you soon. Happy Holidays from the Class of 2019!
- Kissmas Grams: Attention Islanders! The Youth for Youth club is selling Kissmas grams from now until next Monday, December 17. Contents include peppermint and chocolate kisses. See any Youth for Youth Club officer, member, or visit D115 to purchase. Be sure to grab one for a friend, teacher, or family member before it’s too late!
- Sing For a Cause: Vivace and all Choir Students invite you to their Sing For a Cause Showcase next week Wednesday, December 19, during lunch in the gym! Please support them in their relief efforts to raise funds for Saipan and Tinian. Pre-sold Tickets are $2/$3 at the door and available in the choir rm (D101) or see any choir student. See you there!
- Attention Seniors! Any Senior who will complete the required 24 credits for graduation and 75 service learning hours by the end of first semester, please see your counselor as soon as possible.
- Senior Quote Forms: Attention Seniors! A friendly reminder that Senior Quote Forms are due by or before December 20-21 to your English 12 teacher. You can get Senior Quote Forms from your English 12 teacher or Mr. Orot in B206. There will be no changes once Senior Quotes are submitted, and Yearbook Club will not accept Senior Quote Forms after Christmas Break.
- Attention All Interested Students: The University of Portland will be on Guam at the Hilton on January 10th from 5-7 pm. Please email Dr. Marzan from counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org RSVP.
- Youth For Youth T-shirts for sale: Attention Islanders! The Youth for Youth Club is selling T-shirts from now until May for $10. See any club officer or visit D115 for more details.
- Pre-order Yearbook: Attention Islanders! Pre-order your 2018-2019 Yearbook at D116, Mr. Ortega’s room,during lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Yearbooks are on sale for $70 now until January 25, 2019 and will rise to $80 until May 17, 2019. Cash only and exact change is preferred. Get it before it’s all gone!
- Attention Seniors! It’s time to sign up for Senior Portraits: Expressions Studio is the studio that we decided on for our portraits. Book your senior portraits now by going onto the Expressions Studio Facebook Page and clicking book now. There are limited slots, so start booking now. Keep in mind that the deadline for your photos to be in the yearbook is February 28, so schedule before that date!
- JFK Maker Space: Are you interested in making things that you design? How about learning to code cool gadgets and robots, challenging your designs against your friends? Are you fascinated with the idea of 3D printing and curious about making things using a 3D printer? Does the idea of building underwater robots or perhaps designing your own bridge or designing and building an aquaponics system for JFK sound interesting to you? If you answered “Yes” to any or all of these then you need to stop by room D114 at lunch on Fridays to check out how to become a part of the JFK Maker Space where we are more than just robot builders. See Ms. Beausoliel in D114 any day of the week if you have questions.
- University of Guam’s Educational Talent Search (ETS) college prep program is now accepting applications from eligible high school students from 9th to 12th grade. ETS offers academic tutoring, College & Career exploration activities, assistance with College Applications, Financial Aid and scholarship applications, College Entrance (SAT/ACT) Fee waivers, financial literacy and more. All services are FREE! For more information see Mr. Lujan in the counselling office.
- Attention Seniors: Need money for college? See if you qualify for the Pell Grant, College Work Study, and other types of aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA. The FAFSA is accepting applications starting October 1. Apply online at fafsa.govusing the SY 2019-2020 form. Counselors will be in English 12 classes in October to present FAFSA information.
- Attention Seniors: The University of Guam 2-4 Year Army ROTC Scholarships are available forFall Semester 2019. Application Deadline is February 15, 2019 Application Includes: Application Forms and Essay (1 Page) The Point of Contact is Mr. John Howerton at Phone: 487-0725 or 777- ROTC (7682) or email: JHOWERTON@TRITON.UOG.EDU
- JFKHS Positive Behavior Expectations: Be SAFE. Be RESPECTFUL. Be RESPONSIBLE.
- Campus Hours during the Christmas Break: 6 A.M.- 2:30 P.M. Pending AO Tessie Cruz’s email listing the classes that GPS will be working in. Teachers should check-in at the Main Office upon arrival.
- Grades due: 2nd quarter/1st Semester Grades due January 14th at 2pm.
- JFK Islander Pride Day: is on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019 at the Micro Mall Center Court
- Makeup Day for Nov. 23: is moved to April 22, 2019; an updated green and gold calendar will be prepared later on this week.
- As per Public Law 21-139: All GDOE campuses and offices are designated as non-smoking facilities in which even displaying tobacco products is prohibited. Smoking in vehicles parked on campus is also prohibited. The container area along the cliffside is NOT a smoking area.
- PTEP: Walkthroughs are in progress. Lesson Plans and Unit Plans should be provided.
- Team JFK members are needed for the district volleyball league: Games are on Saturdays starting Dec. 22. Let Dr. Adamos know if you are interested! There will be a meeting to discuss practice, uniforms, etc.
- Team Products are due: For December due date is Jan. 9 or sooner.
Our school bulletin will be published once a week, every Monday. Please, submit announcement(s) electronically to Mrs. Anub, Assistant Principal (email@example.com) before 12:00 noon on Thursdays. Submission of announcements later than the noon deadline will be honored on the next day of publication. Please indicate if announcements are to be made on the morning intercom or published in the bulletin or BOTH.
Student submissions for the bulletin must be acknowledged by the advisor/teacher/coach.
Hafa Adai Parents/Guardians and Students, Happy New Year to you all! In our efforts to increase communication, the Administrative Team provides you with this monthly notice. Our philosophy is: Bridging gaps while balancing expectations as we focus on building...
Get In Touch
Location: 331 N. Marine Corps Drive Tamuning, GU 96913
Telephone: (671) 642-2100
School Hours: M-F: 6am - 2pm
No student will, on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, disability or any other basis prohibited by law, be excluded from participating or be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination and harassment under any educational programs, activities, or in any policies, or practices conducted by the Guam Department of Education.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to or notify GDOE about on-line information or functionality that is currently inaccessible. For information about how to file a formal grievance with GDOE under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and title II of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, please see GDOE’s grievance procedure at
The JFKHS Islanders logo is registered with the Guam Department Revenue and Taxation through the JFKHS Parent-Teacher Student Association (PTSA). To use of the logo, please contact the school principal.