- Attention Students: There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for fights and violence on campus. Students engaged in this activity will be subject to suspension or expulsion.
- JFKHS’s Annual November Festival: will be held on Friday, November 30, 2018 at the courtyard from 11:50 am to 1:20 pm. Food will be sold, games will be played, and several performances will entertain!
- Spirit Week: will be from November 26 (Monday) to November 30 (Friday).
- Meme Monday – Scroll through your feed and accessorize as your favorite meme (ex. Miranda Sings)
- TV Reality Tuesday– Accessorize as your favorite cartoon or TV character (ex. Perry the Platypus)
- Wack Attack Wednesday – Accessorize with Thanksgiving colors and symbols (ex. Turkey)
- Throwback Thursday– Accessorize with items from your favorite decade like the 80s, 70s, or 60s (ex. Polka dots head bands)
- Fiesta Friday– Full Dressdown
- Friday Dressdown: November 30thwill be a full dressdown in compliance with the school’s dress code policy. $1 dressdown tickets will be sold at the concession stand in front of the gym from November 26 to November 29. Don’t have money to purchase a dressdown ticket? Don’t worry! You can play the spirit games (-Thurs.) during lunch in the courtyard to get a chance to win a dressdown ticket!
- SPIM Meeting: There will be a Seniors and Parents Information Meeting on Friday, Nov. 30 at 6pm in the Cafeteria.
- Federal Surveys: were sent home on Nov. 7. Collection of the forms will start on Nov. 16th. Please complete the forms and have them turned in by Friday, Nov. 30, 2018 to 1st period teacher.
- 7 Holiday: There will be no classes on Friday, December 7th, 2018.
- Attention Seniors: It’s that time of the year. Order your cap and gown set for $70. Each set includes a cap, gown, tassel, and custom stole. Orders will take place in front of the main office during lunch on November 14-16and December 12-14. Your height and weight are needed upon ordering.
- Toy for Tots Highschool Challenge: Make a different for a youth counterpart this holiday season by participating in the 2018 Toys for Tots High School Challenge! Your school will have an opportunity to win up to $1000 in cash! Donate new or unwrapped toys/items for children ages newborn to 17 yrs old in the box in the Main Office. Deadline is December 14.
- College Visits: Attention Junior and Seniors our next college visit will be with St. Martin’s University on Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018 from 11-11:15am in D118. Please see Ms. Michelle Santos or Dr. Marzan from counseling if you are interested in attending.
- University of Guam’s Educational Talent Search (ETS) college prep program is now accepting applications from eligible high school students from 9th to 12th grade. ETS offers academic tutoring, College & Career exploration activities, assistance with College Applications, Financial Aid and scholarship applications, College Entrance (SAT/ACT) Fee waivers, financial literacy and more. All services are FREE! For more information see Mr. Lujan in the counselling office.
- Attention Seniors: Need money for college? See if you qualify for the Pell Grant, College Work Study, and other types of aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA. The FAFSA is accepting applications starting October 1. Apply online at fafsa.govusing the SY 2019-2020 form. Counselors will be in English 12 classes in October to present FAFSA information.
- Attention Seniors: The University of Guam 2-4 Year Army ROTC Scholarships are available forFall Semester 2019. Application Deadline is February 15, 2019 Application Includes: Application Forms and Essay (1 Page) The Point of Contact is Mr. John Howerton at Phone: 487-0725 or 777- ROTC (7682) or email: JHOWERTON@TRITON.UOG.EDU
- JFKHS Positive Behavior Expectations: Be SAFE. Be RESPECTFUL. Be RESPONSIBLE.
Girl’s High School Basketball:
Tuesday, November 27 @ 5:30P.M. : JFK vs. St. John’s at St. John’s
Tuesday, November 27 @6:30P.M. : Okkodo vs. JFK at JFK
Friday, November 30 @6:30P.M. : Sanchez vs. JFK at JFK
Tuesday, December 4 @6:30P.M.: St. Paul vs. JFK at JFK
Friday, December 7 @4:15P.M.: JFK vs. Tiyan at TBD
Saturday, December 1st @ at FD
- 3:00P.M. JFK vs. FD
Saturday, December 8th @ at FD
- 10:00A.M. Okkodo vs. JFK
- 1:00P.M. Tiyan vs. JFK
- Makeup Day for Nov. 23: is moved to April 22, 2019; an updated green and gold calendar will be prepared later on this week.
- Friday Activity: This Friday will be the November Fest Activity. Copies of the bell schedule will be located by the time clock. Students may dress down only if they purchase wristbands for $1 by this Thursday. Wristbands are sold at the concession stand by the gym during lunch.
- As per Public Law 21-139: All GDOE campuses and offices are designated as non-smoking facilities in which even displaying tobacco products is prohibited. Smoking in vehicles parked on campus is also prohibited. The container area along the cliffside is NOT a smoking area.
- PTEP: Walkthroughs are in progress. Lesson Plans and Unit Plans should be provided.
Our school bulletin will be published once a week, every Monday. Please, submit announcement(s) electronically to Mrs. Anub, Assistant Principal (email@example.com) before 12:00 noon on Thursdays. Submission of announcements later than the noon deadline will be honored on the next day of publication. Please indicate if announcements are to be made on the morning intercom or published in the bulletin or BOTH.
Student submissions for the bulletin must be acknowledged by the advisor/teacher/coach.