Wednesday, Feb. 20,
Tuesday, Feb. 19,
Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019 @ Tamuning
Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019 @ Okkodo
· 4:00pm JFK vs. Okkodo
Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019 @ Okkodo
Friday, Feb. 22, 2019 @ St. Paul
Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019 @ Sanchez
Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019 @ THS
Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019 @ THS
- Lunch Line: Just a reminder! The lunch line closes at 11:50am every day. Please get to the cafeteria before this time to eat lunch.
- The Close Up Organization: will be holding a Dance With Me Zumba Night Fundraiser on February 22, 2019 from 6pm-9pm at the JFK Cafeteria. There will be refreshments and raffle prizes. Tickets are $5 and raffle tickets are $1. 50% of the profit will be donated to the Guam Cancer Care Organization. See any Close Up officer or member to purchase your tickets now!
- Attention 9th – 11th graders: USDA and Univeristy of Hawai’i at Manoa AgDiscovery Program for students interested in agricultural sciences, plant and animal science, wildlife management, and agribusiness. Hands-on labs, workshops, fieldtrips, and team building activities with professors, scientists, and agriculture professionals are scheduled. Costs for the program, room, and board are covered. Application is available online at aphis.usda.gov/agdiscovery. Deadline is March 15.
- Yearbooks: may now be purchased for $80 during lunch at Mr. Ortega’s class, D116, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Last day to purchase yearbooks is April 26, 2019. Get yours soon!
- Islander Pride Day: will be on Saturday, Feb. 23rd, 2019 at the Micronesia Mall CenterCourt (Downstairs) from 10:00am – 2:00pm. Our school will be showcasing our school programs and student talents through displays and a talent show.
- Yearbook Advertisements: Want a great way to congratulate your favorite Senior or a group of Senior friends? Yearbook congratulatory advertisements are on sale now. Half page advertisements are $50 (self-made) or $70 (Yearbook-made), while full-page advertisements are $100 (self-made) or $120 (Yearbook-made). Advertisements can be purchased at Mr. Ortega’s class, D116, during lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The last day to purchase an advertisement is March 22.
- University of Guam’s Educational Talent Search (ETS) college prep program is now accepting applications from eligible high school students from 9th to 12th grade. ETS offers academic tutoring, College & Career exploration activities, assistance with College Applications, Financial Aid and scholarship applications, College Entrance (SAT/ACT) Fee waivers, financial literacy and more. All services are FREE! For more information see Mr. Lujan in the counselling office.
- Youth for Youth Conference: Attention Islanders, the 2019 Youth for Youth Conference will be held Friday, April 5 to Sunday, April 7 at the Hyatt Regency Resort Guam. Registration fee is $100. See Mr. Lujan in the Counseling Office for registration details. There are only 10 slots available and are first come, first served.
- Gupot CHamoru: Hafa Adai Islanders, Gupot CHamoru is scheduled for March 1st. Any students who wish to perform during Gupot CHamoru, please sign up with any CHamoru teacher (in rooms B102, B107, C206, or D216) to schedule your performance. Si Yu’os Ma’åse’.
- CHamoru Klab: Any students interested in joining the CHamoru Klab, please join us in room B107 every Wednesday during the second half of lunch!
- March 2019 ASVAB Testing: Attention ALL 10th-12th graders. The March 2019 ASVAB testing sign-up is now available. Testing isOpen to ALL 10th-12th graders who are interested in testing for the first time or re-test. Seating is limited so see your Counselor to sign-up ASAP!
- JFKHS Positive Behavior Expectations: Be SAFE. Be RESPECTFUL. Be RESPONSIBLE.
- Career and Technical Education Programs: Freshmen Students! GCC is offering the following Career and Technical Education Programs (CTE) at JFK: Lodging Management Program, ProStart (culinary), Marketing, Allied Health (nursing), Construction Trades and Automotive. If you are interested in signing up for any of these programs, please see Mrs. RoseMarie Nanpei in the JFK Counseling Office.
- Lodging Management Program
: AttentionFreshmen! If you selected the Lodging Management Program in your interest form after the Electives Fair, you will be called out for a brief interview starting this week during 5th Corridor passes will be delivered to you in advance.
- Attention Sophomores: If you are interested in taking the January 2019 ASVAB CEP Testing, please see your counselor
tosign up. Seats are limited! Sign up ASAP!
- Casual Senior Portraits: Seniors! Last day to submit outside, casual Senior Portraits (those NOT taken with Expressions Studios) is March 8. Please send digital files of your casuals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cap and Gown photos MUST BE TAKEN with Expressions Studios.
- Questbridge College Prep Scholars Program: Juniors! The 2019 QuestBridge College Prep Scholars Program equips academically outstanding, low-income students with the knowledge, confidence, and resources to apply to the nation’s best colleges. Awards May
Include:Full scholarship to a college summer program at Stanford, Yale, Emory, and more, Quest for Excellence Awards, such as funding for a laptop, campus visits, or test score fees OR Personalized college essay feedback, and more! Free, online application is due on March 20, 2019 .Seeyour counselor for more information.
- Summer Science Program: Attention Juniors
! TheSummer Science Program (SSP) is seeking competitive juniors for a 5 1/2 week immersion experience in Astrophysics or Biochemistry STEM research at the following host campuses – Purdue, University of Colorado Boulder, University of San Diego, and New Mexico Tech. Admission is competitive and there is financial assistance for low incomefamilies. Visit SummerScience.org for the application and more details. Deadline is March 1, 2019.
- Youth Leaders Summit: Attention Juniors
!TheYouth Leaders Summit is a free, four-day, overnight, college empowerment conference at the University of Chicago for a diverse cohort of 200 low-income high school juniors from all ethnic backgrounds. It is designed to give these young leaders the practical tools they need to successfully apply to top universities, have full access to scholarship and financial aid opportunities, and set a course for academic and career success. The deadline to refer students for YLS is Thursday, February 28, 2019 .Thedeadline for students to apply is Friday, March 8, 2019at 1:00pmPST. Please see your counselor for more information.
- WorkKeys Assessment: Attention Seniors! It’s time to go for the gold! The WorkKeys Assessments are fast approaching. You have your WorkKeys Login Details! Take your placement quizzes today and start preparing. See your Guidance Counselor or Mrs. Wooley in A207 for details. Work your WorkKeys, Seniors!
- IFIT Scholarship: Attention Seniors! The 2019 IFIT Scholarship awards a $2,000.00 scholarship to a college of your choice! Application deadline is March 8, 2019. Please see your counselor for application and information.
- UOG Lions Club Scholarship
: AttentionSeniors! The University of Guam Triton’s Lions Club is proud to announce theirfirst ever Lion’s Club Scholarship. To promote higher education, UOG Tritons Lions Club will be providing financial assistance for aspiring college students in the pursuit of their professional goals. The Lions Club will choose two (2) graduating high school seniors to be awarded $500 each. For more information visit your counselor or email email@example.com.
- Senior Portraits: Attention Seniors! It’s time to sign up for Senior Portraits! Expressions Studio is the studio that we decided on for our portraits. Book your senior portraits now by going onto the Expressions Studio Facebook Page and clicking book now. There are limited slots, so start booking now. Keep in mind that the deadline for your photos to be in the yearbook is February 28, so schedule before that date!
- Financial Aid for College: Attention Seniors! Need money for college? See if you qualify for the Pell Grant, College Work Study, and other types of aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA. The FAFSA is accepting applications starting October 1. Apply online at fafsa.govusing the SY 2019-2020 form. Counselors will be in English 12 classes in October to present FAFSA information.
- Women’s Club Scholarships: Attention Seniors! Guam Women’s Club Scholarships are open to all students (male or female) who will attend GCC or UOG during the Fall 2019 semester. For applications and more information, please see your counselor.
- University of Guam GWC Scholarship: Fall 2019 award with
optionto continue until graduation if standards are met, Covers tuition/fees for up to 15 credit hours per semester (Deadline is Friday, April 5, 2019)
- Guam Community College GWC, The Birthday Club Scholarship: Fall 2019 semester only, Can be used for tuition, books and other required materials, Four (4) $1000 scholarships to be awarded (Deadline is Tuesday, April 23, 2019)
- GWC Horecky/Wheeler Scholarship for Guam Community College: Fall 2019 semester, Can be used for tuition, fees, books and required bookstore supplies, Applicable for All Majors at GCC, Based on academic merit, community service, and financial need
- GWC Rick Biolchino Memorial Scholarship for Guam Community College: Fall 2019 semester, Covers tuition, fees, books
andrequired supplies, $1000 scholarship, Marketing or Visual Communications Major at GCC, Based on academic merit, community service, and financial need
- GWC Joanne B. Huff Memorial Scholarship for Guam Community College Scholarship (Sponsored by Lynda Frenay): Fall 2019 semester, Covers tuition, fees, books and required supplies, Medical Assisting Major/Degree, Based on academic merit, community service, and financial need
- University of Guam GWC Scholarship: Fall 2019 award with
- GCC CTE Program Interviews:Attention Teachers! GCC CTE Programs will be holding interviews for freshmen students interested in enrolling in next year’s programs. We would like to ask for your consideration in releasing these students to attend these brief interviews. Corridor passes will be provided to the students. Your consideration and support is greatly appreciated.
- ATTENTION FACULTY AND STAFF: JFK on-site Inventory inspection by GDOE auditors is scheduled Monday, February 11 through Thursday. February 21 from 8am to 11am. Please ensure that you bring in ALL equipment (GDOE and JFK) during this time. Equipment that will be inspected are: DELL Multimedia Projectors, Lenovo Laptops, Document Cameras, Classroom Response Systems, Mobile Carts-Laptops, Ipad etc.. All equipment must be taken out of the boxes/cases an;d ready for the auditors to scan. If you have any
questions, please see Ms. Tessie Cruz, Administrative Officer in the Main Office.
- JFK Islander Pride Day: is on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019 at the Micro Mall Center Court
- PTEP: Walkthroughs are in progress. Lesson Plans and Unit Plans should be provided.
Our school bulletin will be published once a week, every Monday. Please, submit announcement(s) electronically to Mrs. Anub, Assistant Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 12:00 noon on Thursdays. Submission of announcements later than the noon deadline will be honored on the next day of publication. Please indicate if announcements are to be made on the morning intercom or published in the bulletin or BOTH.
Student submissions for the bulletin must be acknowledged by the advisor/teacher/coach.