Week of April 29 – May 3, 2019
- Law Week 2019 Essay Contest Winner: Congratulations to Britney Sison for winning first place in the Law Week 2019 Essay Contest on April 27th. Way to go Islander!
- District Wide Assessments: ATTENTION ISLANDERS! School-wide Standards Based Assessment (SBA) will be continue today Monday April 29 till Thursday, May 2. Continue to do your best to get a restful sleep, attend school, eat breakfast, and answer test items to the best of your abilities! BIBA ISLANDERS!
- Service Learning Opportunity:Come join the WAVE to let the public know that May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Be at the ITC Intersection on Friday May 3 from 4-6pm (2 SL Hours). Wear your school uniform and make sure to sign in with Dr. Adamos at the WAVE.
- Interested in taking Band for School Year 2019-2020: Please sign up for band in the counseling office. See Ms. Tanya to sign up starting Tuesday April 30, 2019.
- Attention Pre-AP Students: Pre-Administration for the AP Exams will take place this week in the Media Center during Lunch. Last Names A-F: Tuesday, April 30. Last Names G-Q; Wednesday, May 1. Last Names R-Z: Thursday, May 2. Attendance is mandatory. Please be prompt.
- The Athletics Club: are selling paddling jerseys for 35.00 to raise funds to purchase paddles for the school. Orders and payments are due to the main office during break or lunch by May 2, 2019.
- GCC Programs: Hafa Adai 9th and 10th graders, there are still available slots for the next school year in the following GCC Programs: Automotive – 17 slots, Carpentry – 8 slots, ProStart – 4 slots. See Ms. Nanpei in the Counseling Office if you are interested.
- University of Guam’s Educational Talent Search (ETS) college prep program is now accepting applications from eligible high school students from 9th to 12th grade. ETS offers academic tutoring, College & Career exploration activities, assistance with College Applications, Financial Aid and scholarship applications, College Entrance (SAT/ACT) Fee waivers, financial literacy and more. All services are FREE! For more information see Mr. Lujan in the counselling office.
- JFKHS Positive Behavior Expectations: Be SAFE. Be RESPECTFUL. Be RESPONSIBLE.
- Senior Prom: The Class of 2019 presents the Senior Prom – Carpe Noctem on Friday, May 10th from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Dusit Thani Hotel in Tumon. Tickets are $45 and can be purchased in the counseling office during lunch starting Wednesday, April 10. Ticket prices will increase as we get closer to Prom. Be sure to purchase yours today.
- Cap & Gowns: Seniors! The 2nd batch of caps and gowns are in! You may pick them up at the conference room window during lunch on Friday May 3rd.
- Senior Parent Meeting: this Friday at 6 pm at the cafeteria. Please inform your parents as this will be our last senior parent meeting.
- Seniors!: SOP packets are to be picked up from Mrs.Moore at the gym. If you haven’t picked up your packets, please do so, since that has information about graduation.
- GCC Summer Success Program: Attention Seniors! Are you interested in attending GCC in the fall? FREE Summer Success Program is available for eligible seniors to brush up on math and English for the placement test, assistance with registration and FAFSA application, and career exploration. Slots are limited to 30 students. Please see Ms. Nanpei in the Counseling Office for more information.
- GCC Boot Camp: Seniors! FREE Transportation Boot Camp this summer. 20 slots available. Earn nationally recognized certification and skills in Welding, Plumbing, and Painting/Blasting. Please see Ms. Nanpei in the Counseling Office for more information.
- Core Tech Foundation Scholarship: Attention graduating high school seniors! Applications are now available for the 2019 Core Tech Foundation Scholarship online at coretechintl.com/foundation. Recipients will receive a $2,500 scholarship to be used toward their tuition or education expenses. Applicants should have strong records of achievement as shown by their grades, leadership skills, awards, extraordinary service to others, perseverance in the face of adversity, and great potential to help shape the future of our island. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 5 p.m. See your counselor for more information
- Charlie Corn Scholarship Awards application: deadline has been extended to May 13, 2019. See your counselor for more information.
- UOG Lions Club Scholarship:Attention Seniors! The University of Guam Triton’s Lions Club is proud to announce their first ever Lion’s Club Scholarship. To promote higher education, UOG Tritons Lions Club will be providing financial assistance for aspiring college students in the pursuit of their professional goals. The Lions Club will choose two (2) graduating high school seniors to be awarded $500 each. For more information visit your counselor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Aid for College: Attention Seniors! Need money for college? See if you qualify for the Pell Grant, College Work Study, and other types of aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA. The FAFSA is accepting applications starting October 1. Apply online at fafsa.govusing the SY 2019-2020 form. Counselors will be in English 12 classes in October to present FAFSA information.
- Women’s Club Scholarships: Attention Seniors! Guam Women’s Club Scholarships are open to all students (male or female) who will attend GCC or UOG during the Fall 2019 semester. For applications and more information, please see your counselor.
- GWC Horecky/Wheeler Scholarship for Guam Community College: Fall 2019 semester, Can be used for tuition, fees, books and required bookstore supplies, Applicable for All Majors at GCC, Based on academic merit, community service, and financial need
- GWC Rick Biolchino Memorial Scholarship for Guam Community College: Fall 2019 semester, Covers tuition, fees, books and required supplies, $1000 scholarship, Marketing or Visual Communications Major at GCC, Based on academic merit, community service, and financial need
- GWC Joanne B. Huff Memorial Scholarship for Guam Community College Scholarship (Sponsored by Lynda Frenay): Fall 2019 semester, Covers tuition, fees, books and required supplies, Medical Assisting Major/Degree, Based on academic merit, community service, and financial need
ATTENTION TEACHERS, FACULTY and STAFF
- Standards-Based Assessments (SBA) Testing:continues through Thursday, May 2. Ensure that you reference the revised bell schedule with your students.
- Faculty Meeting: Our final Faculty Meeting is this Wednesday, May 1 at 2 P.M. in the Media Center. Mark your calendar, set your timer, and please be prompt!
- The Kennedy Games: activity scheduled for this Friday, May 3 is canceled.
- April Team products are due this Friday: Please do your best to submit 4th quarter literacy project evidence as soon as possible just to get them out of the way!
- PTEP End-of-the-Year Reports: are due to your evaluator by next Friday, May 10 by close of business. All EOY conferences should be completed during the week of May 13. Plan accordingly.
- Attention Staff: The JFK Class of 2019 will be graduating here on campus on Wednesday, June 5. No 12-month staff will be on leave this day! It’s all hands on deck to be able to have a successful ceremony! More details are forthcoming!
- Last Coffee Connection: is on Thursday, May 23 afterschool. Hosted by Science, GCC, Chamorro, and Librarian!
- Summer School Teacher Applications: should be submitted to my office before May 17, 2019. Orientation for teachers will be on June 17 at 9 a.m. Student orientation for Summer School will be announced at a later date.
- End of Year Clearance: includes reviewing your PTEP Goals, parent/student perception surveys and PTEP evidence with your evaluator. Please make sure that all necessary documentation has been collected to ensure a stress free EOY clearance.
- TE Program Interviews:Attention Teachers! GCC CTE Programs will be holding interviews for freshmen students interested in enrolling in next year’s programs. We would like to ask for your consideration in releasing these students to attend these brief interviews. Corridor passes will be provided to the students. Your consideration and support is greatly appreciated.
- PTEP: End of the Year Report due May 10; conferences with PTEP evaluator May 13-17.
- PTEP: Walkthroughs are in progress. Lesson Plans and Unit Plans should be provided.
Tuesday, Apr. 30, 2019 @ JFK
· 6:30pm Sanchez vs. JFK
Friday, May 5, 2019 @ JFK
· 6:30pm St. Paul vs. JFK
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 @ Tiyan
· 4:15pm JFK vs. Tiyan
TRACK & FIELD
Friday, May 3, 2019 @ JFK
· 4:30pm JFK vs. FD/AOLG
Friday, May 10, 2019 @ JFK
· 4:30pm JFK vs.Okkodo
Friday, May 17, 2019 @ JFK
· 4:30pm ALL ISLAND
Saturday, Apr. 27, 2019 @ Matapang
· 2000m Slalom
Saturday, May 11, 2019 @ Matapang
· 7:00am 1000m & 500m FINALS
- Our school bulletin will be published once a week, every Monday. Please, submit announcement(s) electronically to Mrs. Anub, Assistant Principal (email@example.com) before 12:00 noon on Thursdays. Submission of announcements later than the noon deadline will be honored on the next day of publication. Please indicate if announcements are to be made on the morning intercom or published in the bulletin or BOTH.
- Student submissions for the bulletin must be acknowledged by the advisor/teacher/coach.